Frequently Asked Question
1. General guidelines
Last Updated 11 months ago
- You should always search TheTVDB before adding a new series or movie. Search in this version of the site has been vastly improved, but the site has hundreds of thousands of records so a thorough search is worth your while.
- You should always provide a link to the series or film in the database when requesting anything. Your research will expedite requests to the mods.
- Do not remove any information or blank out episodes, series, movies or people/characters you think are incorrect or have incorrect information, this creates major downflow problems in the data. Instead, create a Ticket outlining the issues with the record(s)
- Stick to image guidelines, do not upload poor quality images, or images with logos, profanity, or any nudity whatsoever.
- Seek out our Preferred Sources of Truth to support your case for changes. If you can’t find evidence in our Preferred list, please attempt to provide two “Acceptable” sources that confirm your changes.